Structure of ENAEE
The General Assembly elects the President and the members of the Administrative Council from nominations made by the Full and Associate Members of ENAEE.
The General Assembly is the highest decision making body of ENAEE.
It meets at least once a year.
It consists of one representative from each member organisation (26 in 01/2022).
The General Assembly nominates representatives from authorised agencies to make up the EUR-ACE® label committee.
Composition of the General Assembly (status: 6 May 2022)
Voting delegates of Full Members
- AAEPO – Agency for accreditation of educational programs and organizations
- AAQ – Swiss Agency of Accreditation and Quality Assurance: Berchtold Von Steiger (as of 11/2015)
- ACREDITA CI – Agencia Acreditadora Colegio de Ingenieros de Chile
- AEER – Association for Engineering Education of Russia: Yuri Pokholkov
- ANECA – National Agency for Quality Assessment and Accreditation of Spain: Guillermo Calleja (as of 07/2016)
- ARACIS – The Romanian Agency for Quality Assurance In Higher Education: Simona Lache (as of 10/2015)
- ASIIN – Fachakkreditierungsagentur Für Studiengänge Der Ingenieurwissenschaften, Der Informatik, Der Naturwissenschaften Und Der Mathematik: Iring Wasser
- CTI – Commission Des Titres D’ingenieur: Anne-Marie Jolly
- Engineering Council: Denis Marchant
- Engineers Ireland: Damien Owens
- FINEEC – Finnish Education Evaluation Centre: Kati Isoaho
- ICACIT – Instituto de Calidad y Acreditación de Programas de Computación, Ingeniería y Tecnología en ingeniería: Enrique Alvarez
- IIE – Instituto De La Ingenieria De Espana: José-Luis Tejera (as of 03/2015)
- JEA – Jordan Engineers Association
- KAUT – Accreditation Commission of Universities of Technology: Bohdan Macukow
- KAZSEE – Kazakh Association for Engineering Education: Abdumutalip Abzhapparov
- MÜDEK – Association for Evaluation and Accreditation of Engineering Programs: Yavuz Ercil
- OE – Ordem Dos Engenheiros: Lidia Santiago
- QUACING – Agenzia Per La Certificazione Di Qualita E L’accreditamento EUR-ACE Dei Corsi Di Studio In Igegneria: Giovanni Betta
- ZSVTS – The Association of Slovak Scientific and Technological Societies: Ivan Janac
Non-Voting Delegates of Associate Members
- CIAEP – Center for Independent Accreditation of Engineering Programs: Bohdan Duda
- CoPI – Conferenza Dei Presidi Delle Facolta’di Ingegneria Italiane: Marco Tubino (as of 10/2015)
- FEANI: European Federation of National Engineering Associations: Dirk
- FIGURE – A Network of French Universities for Engineering: Farid Ouabdesselam
- IGIP – International Society for Engineering Education: Axel Zafoschnig (as of 11/2013)
- LACCEI – Latin American and Caribbean Consortium of Engineering Institutions: José Carlos Quadrado (as of 01/2018)
- SEFI – Societe Europeenne Pour La Formation D’ingenieurs: Yolande Berbers
- TEK – The Finnish Association of Graduate Engineers: Juhani Nokela
The ENAEE (European Network for Engineering Accreditation) Administrative Council (AC) consists of ten persons, normally elected by the General Assembly for three years.
Its main tasks are to
- consider and decide on recommendations from the various committees,
- manage the activities of ENAEE and
- make proposals to the General Assembly about policies, membership, and financial issues.
ENAEE is led by a President, two Vice-Presidents and a Treasurer, who are also members of the Administrative Council.
The President is elected for a term of two years by the GA from among the candidates proposed by the full members of ENAEE. The President can be re-elected only once.
There will be nine AC members. Each AC member is elected for a period of three years and can be re-elected only once.
1/3 of the AC members are replaced every year.
The Treasurer is elected by the AC from amongst its members. The Treasurer is elected for three years.
The Vice-Presidents are nominated by the Administrative Council from amongst its members upon proposal by the President and their tenure is three years. The Vice-President position is defined in the Statutes (i.e. no longer in the Bylaws).
Provisions for appointing a Secretary General (if and when needed) are introduced, both in the Statutes and Bylaws.
Members of the Administrative Council and President (status 01/2022)
- Mr Damien OWENS (President)
- Mr Carlos LOUREIRO (Treasurer)
- Prof. Dr. José Carlos QUADRADO (Vice-President)
- Prof. Dr. Marta KOSIOR-KAZBERUK (Vice-President)
- Dr. Yolande BERBERS
- Dr. Elisabeth CREPON
- Dr. Yavuz ERCIL
- Prof. Michael FERNANDO
- Luis TEJERA OLIVER
- Prof. Dr. Vincenzo TUCCI
Secretary General: Mrs. Ann Van Eycken
The EUR-ACE® Label Committee (LC) is composed of one representative of each accreditation agency authorised to award the EUR-ACE® label.
The Chair of the LC is nominated by the Members of the Committee and appointed by the Administrative Council.
At its meeting held on 13th September 2012, the Administrative Council decided that candidates for election to membership of the Label Committee must have the following qualifications,
- An engineering or engineering-related qualification,
- Fluency in English,
- Extensive experience as an evaluator on audit teams accrediting engineering degree programmes,
- Should be professionally active within or hold office in a professional or academic engineering organisation.
The role of the Label Committee
The role of the LC is to make recommendations to the Administrative Council of ENAEE in relation to the granting to accreditation agencies, (which accredit engineering programmes in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA)) the right to award the EUR-ACE® label to engineering education programmes that those agencies accredit.
Click here for Terms of Reference of LC.
- Prof. Bohdan Macukow, KAUT, Poland (Chair)
- Prof. Sebnem Baydere, MUDEK, Turkey
- Prof. Harri Peuranen, FINEEC, Finland
- Prof. Bernard Masserey, AAQ, Switzerland
- Prof. Edward Jones, Engineers Ireland, Ireland
- Prof. Guillermo Calleja, ANECA-IIE, Spain
- Prof. Denis Marchant, EngC, United Kingdom
- Zaitseva Ksenya, AEER, Russia
- Prof. Anne-Marie Jolly, CTI, France
- Prof. Simona Lache, ARACIS, Romania
- Mr. Pedro Meda Magalhaes, Ordem dos Engenheiros, Portugal
- Yerulan Sagidolda, KazSEE, Kazakhstan
- Roman Hrmo, ZSVTS, Slovakia
- Prof. Claudio Borri, QUACING, Italy
Prof. Madhu Chandra, ASIIN, Germany
To contact the Label Committee, please email the LC Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
ENAEE Members are organisations concerned with Engineering Education and/or Profession, and in particular with accreditation.
There are two membership categories: full members and associate members.
ENAEE has currently 18 full members and 8 associate members (status: 01/2022)
Full ENAEE Members
Nurkamal Jetikashkaeva str., 1
AAEPO – Agency for Accreditation of Educational Programs and organizations (Full member as of 2022)
AAQ – Swiss Agency of Accreditation and Quality Assurance (Full Member as of 2015)
Acredita CI – Agencia Acreditadora Colegio de Ingenieros de Chile (Full Member as of 2022)
AEER – Association for Engineering Education of Russia
ANECA – National Agency for Quality Assessment and Accreditation of Spain (Full Member as of 1/2016)
ARACIS – The Romanian Agency for Quality Assurance in Higher Education
ASIIN – Fachakkreditierungsagentur für Studiengänge der Ingenieurwissenschaften, der Informatik, der Naturwissenschaften und der Mathematik e.V.
CTI – Commission des Titres d’Ingénieur
FINEEC – Kansallinen Koulutuksen Arviointikeskus Karvi
ICACIT – Instituto de Calidad y Acreditación de Programas de Computación, Ingeniería y Tecnología en ingeniería
IIE – Instituto de la Ingenieria de Espana
JEA – Jordan Engineers Association
KAUT – Accreditation Commission of Universities of Technology (Full Member as of 01/2016)
KAZSEE – Kazakhstan Society for Engineering Education (Full Member as of 1/2016)
MÜDEK – Association for Evaluation and Accreditation of Engineering Programs
ORDEM DOS ENGENHEIROS
QUACING – Agenzia per la Certificazione di Qualità e l’Accreditamento EUR-ACE dei Corsi di Studio in Ingegneria
ZSVTS – Association of Slovak Scientific and Technological Societies (Full Member as of 1/2016)
CIAEP – Center for Independent Accreditation of Engineering Programs
37 Peremogy Avenue, building I, UA-03056 Kyiv
Associate Member as of 01/01/2017
CoPI – Conferenza per l’Ingegneria
FEANI – European Federation of National Engineering Associations
FIGURE – A Network of French Universities for Engineering
IGIP – International Society for Engineering Education
LACCEI – Latin American and Caribbean Consortium of Engineering Institutions
SEFI – Société Européenne pour la Formation d’Ingénieurs
TEK – Academic Engineers and Architects in Finland
Become ENAEE member
ENAEE is a not-for-profit organisation whose aims are to:
- Build confidence in systems of accreditation of engineering degree programmes in Europe
- Promote the EUR-ACE® label and its associated framework standards
- Promote and co-ordinate the national accreditation agencies, provide support and facilitate their regular reviews
The benefits of belonging to ENAEE are that is the access to international networking and an opportunity to shape further engineering education development.